Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Let's Hear It For The Boys! Page 1

By StickyKeys Queer As Folk Episode 501 Aired 5-22-05

And we’re back ladies and gentlemen! Previously on QAF, Brian and Mike went on the never-ending bike ride. Michael and Ben got married, but found it was only legal in Canada. Deb gets proposed to by Detective Horvath, but declines until all marriages are recognized in the US. Lins and Mel have relationship issues that end up with Lins taking Gus and hitting the road. Brian asks Justin to move back in with him (“For the times you’re not around, I wouldn’t particularly mind it if you were.” like, gee, thanks sweet talker), but before Justin can fully move in he is whisked away to Hollywood to work on Rage, the movie that will never ever happen, ever.

Credits!

They start with the usual 1!,2!,3!,4!, and then go into the slower, yet still catchy, new theme song. I’m not a huge fan of the credits, but they prove that the gays can dance to anything and you gotta respect that.

So you’ve all seen the credits before. You know, lots of dancing, hot guys, lesbians kissing, Justin “confused” and then getting it. A woman holds a sign I can’t read, but is wearing a shirt that says, “Nobody Knows I’m a Lesbian”, and as they never show her face, I’m inclined to agree. Gus and Brian’s Lesbians, feet, EMMETT. I have scary love for Emmett; he’s practically perfect in every way. There’s some more stuff, Ben trying to de-lip Michael, gold hot pants with Emmett in the middle, a bulge, Ted. Then there are two guys who have on shirts, one reading POSITIVE, and one reading NEGATIVE and this makes me a little sad until we get to my favorite part of the opening credits.

First there is this spinny guy, and then there’s this writhing guy who’s running his hands over his sweet bod, and then there’s this itty bitty part where Ben is dancing and he has one hand over his head and it’s sooo sexy and rad. Did I mention that I love Ben? And it’s one thing to have loved someone the entire time, like Brian, but it’s another to have hated them at first, and then love them. I feel like I owe Ben back love, like retroactive love.

So there’s writhing guy, Ben, writhing guy, Ben, writhing guy, oh, sorry, my replay button keeps getting hit, on accident of course.

We end the credits on Brian, who looks hot, but is sporting some rather suspicious hair.


We open on Rage and Zephyr -storyboard style!- as Mr. MovieTrailerVoice narrates a scene involving an Attack of the Clones. Yeah, I’ll take the next one and let you make your own jokes about that.

We’re in the storyboard, and then we get transported to Torontosburgh where Mikey and Brian are dancing it up at Babylon. Mike makes some comment about the Thumpa Thumpa of the club and I’ve decided to make that my new catch phrase in some form. Everything around them goes completely silent and still and at first I think that it’s because everyone is wondering why Mikey is wearing a sweater in the club, but it turns out to be a rather nicely done visual effect. Oooh, artsy fartsy! Mike and Brian walk around a little and Mike pushes away some suspended glitter confetti. Somewhere Tim Burton sucks his teeth, “It’s been done.” The music comes back on and our Hot Dancing Gay Boys! (HDGB! tm Camper) continue to bump and grind. Our own boys seem to tire out and make their way off of the dance floor.

They start a conversation with Brian saying, “Whatever you do, don’t tell!” Michael insists that he is trustworthy, “When have I ever-“ but he can’t finish the sentence because he knows he’s lying. Brian makes him swear on the grave of Marilyn Monroe and I’m thinking that I should know exactly what they’re talking about since I’ve watched every ep ever, and maybe this is a nod back to something? But then I remember that it’s not HBO, it’s Showtime Exposition, and Mikey proceeds to fill me in on the entirety of the Brian/Justin story arc of last season. Way to save those long-term memory cells writers! Now, instead of having to remember past story lines, I can remember more important things like my name and address.

QAF Writers: And you say we never do anything for you!

Well boys, I stand corrected.











The Exposition Fairy
·Welcome. I’m a new viewer and it really helps me to catch up
·Welcome. I’ve watched every season and I don’t mind being endlessly reminded of these wonderfully fresh and unique story lines.
·Okay. Some times it's nice, but it’s kind of a slap in the face to old viewers and makes new viewers feel stupid.
WE.GET.IT.



Free polls from Pollhost.com



Anyhow, Capt. Obvious continues about Brian going to visit Justin in LA and how Justin’s going to be so surprised, and he knows Brian misses him so much and blah blah blah. Brian makes the first sex joke of the season about being hard, and then they kiss and seriously, how come none of my gay friends will take me clubbing and kiss me like that? I need a new set of friends.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to QAF Season 5 Recaps!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.