Saturday, June 04, 2005

QAF Caps Extra: The Scott Lowell/Peter Paige Interview

by StickyKeys

I really liked this interview because it reminded me of the great rapport between Scott Lowell and Peter Paige. Those two work so well together.

When asked about what to expect from the upcoming season,

Peter Paige says that you can expect a lot of alliteration. You know when you know what something means, until the day you find out that you have no idea what it means? That’s what happened with me and alliteration. Here’s the definition: the repetition of the same starting sound in several words of a sentence. As you can see that very sentence contained alliteration. See? Learning can be fun! Scott suggests making a drinking game out of it, but Peter thinks that may be dangerous,

“How hammered Harry might happen to be.” Peter says he tried but it was kind of a crash/burn Paula Abdul moment.

Peter asks Scott what other things can us lots of lucky lookers look forward to?

Scott’s hilarious as he begins to talk about all of the interviews he’s done since this the last year. He reveals a big secret about the relationship between Justin and Ted. Peter cracks up and grabs the mike back from Scott, “Can I have the mic? Thanks.” Ha! Scott says if you look between the lines it’s really there.

I would like to take this time to say that I have indeed looked between the lines, and I really like the dynamic that Justin and Ted have together. It’s like, their friends are friends, but they’re not really close with each other. I think they would be there for each other if needed, but the only person Justin really cares about is Bryan, and Ted is there for Emmett and Michael. I kind of love how their group is representative of a lot of groups. Where you can all like each other, but you don’t have to be the best of the bestest of friends with everyone. It’s very cute watching them because they’re comfortable around each other, but there’s a sense of distance too, and it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Anyhow, Peter decides to dig deeper and become Geraldo Rivera at the opening of King Tut’s tomb. It was actually Al Capone, but the only reason I know that is because of I Love the 90s. Praise Christ for VH1, praise Him! Peter is wearing the oddest silver necklace that I covet. I must have it because it’s clunky and a little awkward, and I have the perfect earrings to go with it.

Randy comes in and Peter calls him over to set the record straight. Randy is looking really good here, but also a little short. Randy’s odd because sometimes he’s gorgeous, and other times he’s meh. Well, as long as he hold on to that booty I’m fine!

Randy says that Scott would rather the connection be between them rather than Justin and Ted, but Scott maintains that he’s keeping everything professional. Is Randy a prick? Not because of this, but he seems a little snotty. I remember they were asking him how he felt about it being the last season and he was all, “Well it’s the last season for me because I want to do more with my talent,” and I remember thinking, "yeah, because Bang Bang You’re Dead really put you on the map!" Did I mention I’m a little bitter with Randy for making me sit through that crap? That may be where this is coming from.

Peter asks how the affair started and Randy replies (through bites of what must be the biggest Toblerone he could find. I’m going to need him to chew and swallow) that it started with a gold Rolex watch. Scott starts to tell of when Ted got his Rolex it attracted Justin. Peter interjects that this is because Justin is a gold digging, money grubbing, whore. Ted says that it’s the reason he’s with Brian and Randy says it’s the reason he’s still with Brian. Scott reminds us that Justin only moved out when Brian lost his job and really, this is the funniest thing I have ever seen in relation to this show.

Randy is still chewing, yet we have not seen him take a bite of anything. Maybe he has a Bit O’ Honey, those things are sticky like whoa! Scott says that when Ted started to move up in the world Justin took notice and was looking for a sugar daddy and one thing led to another. Scott insists that Justin and Ted have a lot in common including (but not limited to) the opera, the arts, and violin players. He says that Ted understands Justin’s soul, and I’m inclined to agree.

Scott says it’s kind of a scoop for the web site and that the blogs will be buzzing, Peter says the blogs will be abuzz. He then says the fanfic will flow freely. And that’s it. I highly recommend watching this because it’s top notch.

If you would like to leave a comment, please use the comment space provided.

1 Comments:

Blogger StickyKeys said...

Like this!

6/06/2005 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to QAF Season 5 Recaps!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.