Monday, June 13, 2005

Act UGLY!: QAF Recaplet 505 06-12-05

by StickyKeys Queer As Folk Episode 505 Aired 6-12-05

STD’s and the Gays They Play

Everyone’s at risk this episode as we take a heartfelt look at the role STD’s play in our boys’ lives. From Brian’s hilarious frankness about his newfound syphilis, to Emmett’s excursions catching up with him, to Hunter’s heartfelt battle with the Hatemongering Heteros.

We embark on what I believe is the BEST EPISODE EVER. Things go topsy-turvy crazy!

Brian doesn’t have sex for 48 hours! He does manage to get Justin riled up though and it seems a crossroads has been reached in their Emmett christened “non-relationship”. Methinks, QAF has a new hire by way of the Reverse Psychology Fairy in regards to their relationship, but I’ll expand more on that in the recap.

Ted looks exactly the same only shinier and more wide-eyed! But he thinks he looks hott, and that’s worth the endless hours and pain he invested in the Emperor’s New Clothes.

Daphne is ALIVE! And evidently Justin has talked to her in a month either because he’s corralled her into babysitting for JR. I seriously need to tap into that boy’s convincing skills. Just seeing Daphne’s enough for me, though she seems to be completely clueless about anything having to do with Justin and Brian.

Rosie is in love with Deb. Yeah, but Deb doesn’t want to dive into a muff. Sigh.

Hunter completely surprises me by setting up residence in my heart. I’m sorry y’all, I’m completely in love with him now. I tried everything to stop it, but to no avail. He had great, well-delivered lines, and even had the nerve to look hott in a scene. It’s a weird time for me.

Because not only did I love Hunter this ep, but I completely hated Mel (no really, how did that happen?). In the best scene ever, JR gets sick while on Michael’s watch and Melanie, him, and Ben play the dozens in the hospital waiting room. Okay, no one actually says, “Yo’ MAMA!”, but they didn’t need to, the context was there.

Again Emmett gets no love in this ep, but he might have gotten and STD.

Ben is SEXY FINE! Well. I guess not everything was completely turned on its head this ep.

All in all, your humble recapper had a great time this ep and can’t wait to jump into the recap. Until then she’ll be thanking her lucky stars she’s a virgin and- oh, wait my phone’s ringing,

Hello? Uh huh, hey can I call you back? I’m kind of in the middle of a recap… What do you mean that night at the beach? That was months ago!… But you used your finger! Uhh, hold on!

Yeah, gotta go you guys, see you in the recap!


Go To Recap: Let's All Stop Thinking of Ourselves









Episode Grade 505



Free polls from Pollhost.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to QAF Season 5 Recaps!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.