Sunday, July 17, 2005

So That’s What They Call A Family: QAF Recap 508 07-03-05 Page 6

Aren’t you glad you ain’t that way?
By StickyKeys Queer As Folk Episode 508 Aired 07-03-05



Sneaky Sneaky
The last few scenes got cut off by my TiFaux so I’m doing them completely by memory! Yay! Anyhoo, we open on Drew in Emmett’s room trying on these horridly ugly glasses. Drew says that he can’t get away from the reporters and outside we see some flashes. At first I thought there was a lightening storm and almost gave QAF a nice little referential credit, but nah, it was reporters. The Expo Fairy must be back from her vacation. Drew tells Emmett that he has feelings for him, "I want to kiss you., hold you," Smack dat ass! "I guess that makes me…" Drew hesitates, but Emmett presses him on, "you have to say it…" Drew finally relents, "gay." They share a heart warming hug as we move on to the next scene.


You’ve Got A(Faux)L!
Ben is watching more depressing news on Prop 14. It seems as though Rev. Swineheart has recruited mass support in the war against gays. He’s depressed and moody and sexy as hell. Michael takes his attention away from the screen to show him something on his awesome laptop. That, my friends, is a thing of beauty. The message says,

From: Hunter
Subject: I’m okay


I just wanted to let you know I’m okay.

And not to worry.
Love Hunter.


This email screams fake. For one thing we are to assume that he’s sending this from a library or internet café so the subject line wouldn’t read Hunter. There’s tons of other issues with this, but it’s supposed to be sentimental so whatever. Ben says that correspondence was never Hunter’s strong point, but Michael points out that he said what they needed to hear, and he signed it love.
Awww.


Thumpa Thumpa!
We end at Babylon where Brandon is dancing up a storm. Ted brings it to Brian’s attention and offers to have him removed. Brian declines and him and Brandon share some interesting eyes as we dance into the credits.


Next on: Well, since 509 and 510 aired, you pretty much know what’s going to happen, but just in case!

A lot of crap that everyone saw coming but no one expected happens! On the next Queer As Folk!

See you next week!

Previous Page

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got around to reading this. (I've been reading real books, lately. Miracle of miracles.)

Great recap, as always!

[10 hottest = not butt crack]
So true. I was trying to clean off my glasses in hopes that maybe a smudge was making me miss the hotness. Alas, no.

"Justin thanks Michael for the loan and Michael tells him not to bother returning the bed."
Because it's going to be infested with roaches and rats before the end of the night. Only way you could get me to stay in a place like that is if there were a blizzard or a hurricane and their were no empty street grates where I could warm myself.

[Louis Coutoures]
I'm pretty sure he said Louis Quatorze, the French king and also the furniture style. I gathered that Justin was talking about decorating his lovely apartment...er, I mean his slumhole from hell..and inviting people over to pass out while hiking up 2000 flights of stairs. Right.

When did Carl acquire a Queens, NY accent? I noticed that, too. Loved it!

Who are Jack and Meg White?

Re: the CC Fart - Brian "redefined" promiscuity.

Why oh why would Brandon *tell* Brian that Alex Easley was leaving the country? Why not say nothing until he had won? Oh, I forgot. It was in the script.

Thanks, again, for putting these together. I recommend them to anyone who's looking for recaps.

Mikou

7/30/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger StickyKeys said...

Thank you so much for your comment Mikou, I always look forward to them!

The funny thing about the Loius Q thing is that I knew it was furniture, but I understood it to be really expensive furniture, and couldn't fathom why Justin would be asking Michael about it. Like, you're going to put that in this craphole.

Hilarious about the bed (I wish I'd thought of it (dangit!), but I was still caught up on the 18 stories thing!

The Briandon contest was soo dumb. There are so many why's to it.

Jack and Meg White are band members of the white stripes who told everyone they were brother and sister, but then it turned out they were ex husband and wife... maybe. It was a weird deal!

Thanks again Mikou, I hope you enjoy the rest (once they're up, Geez!).

7/30/2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to QAF Season 5 Recaps!


powered by Bloglet
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.